Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Redding Again

Writing stories about what is going on in my life is problematic if I don't keep up. Maybe I'll go back and talk about the cool Christmas week we had with Rachel and trips to Redding and Sacramento or maybe not.

I had scheduled with Kelsi to come on the 8th, 9th, and 10th of January because she had some heavy days of appointments and could use another hand. After a Young Women's planning meeting on Sunday, I took off for Redding. I am starting to memorize what comes next on the route and now approximately where I am in the time frame going when I see different landmarks.

Rain poured down the entire trip and again during the night and morning. Later when the sun popped out it was amazing how quickly the water receded.

During the rain storm the pools were all connected

After the rain, the pools slowly became separate again.

Of course the kids wanted to run out and play in the backyard! Nate and Kelsi kept coming up with ideas of why they couldn't.

Meanwhile the older boys and Nate left, then Lilly and her mom tried to go out to fulfill a coupon Lilly had gotten from her mom for a girls day out - but no car seat. I took Lilly and Daniel to make rolls so they were entertained.

I couldn't take many pictures as I didn't want the kitchen to explode in flour and water ingredients. The kids did a pretty good job in adding and mixing all the ingredients. When it was set to rise and the kitchen was cleaned again. Kelsi and Lilly took off.

A little later, Jayson, Caleb, and Lilly all went for their swimming lesson. I told Daniel that he could help put the rolls and bread in the pans to bake. The rolls went off well as I would give him chunks to roll around, the bread part was more interesting and ended up with an interesting shaped loaf.




But after they had risen and were baked the children were so happy with their success! Of course they had to be taste tested.

Successful bakers!



Nothing like honey on warm bread

No comments: