Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2023

Making Connections

 On this particular pre-Christmas trip I washed lots of dishes, made gingerbread, held Emma a lot, and became a good friend of Daniel. It was hard for Daniel not to be included in the same things the other kids were doing, because he had been in another home when swimming lessons and other things were arranged. Now that he has been with Nate and Kelsi it is problematic to sign him up because the  foster care system is going to take him back "sometime" to go live with his uncle and aunt. 

I am going to really miss him. When he wakes up from his nap, he will come find me and rest his head on my arm. Sometimes I am rocking Emma and he will climb up beside me in the rocker and we will all rock together. It is a wide rocker and just right for two people (if one is little).

He likes to tell 'Nona' about his adventures and what his picture is about. Sometimes I look at Nate silently asking what he is saying. Once in awhile Nate can figure it out, but sometimes I have to say, "That is really interesting", "or that is cool", because I'm not sure what he is talking about. He acts just like he is my grandson and is completely adorable. 

Daniel and I made brownies as part of the treats the family were going to bring to other families. We made them while the other kids were at a swimming lesson

I held Emma a lot. My mommy muscles are getting stronger with the two little girls I've been holding.

Emma gets held a lot! She sleeps longer when she is being held. I can't help but think she should really enjoy this now, because when she is five months old, I am sure Kelsi will sleep train her

Kelsi is really good when talking and explaining things to Daniel. She is a good mom and knows how to engage kids attention and thinks of creative ways to teach. She homeschools the two four year olds and also Caleb who is in Kindergarten ...  or is that first grade? Lots of work with little sleep at night as that is Emma's cranky time. One night I held Emma late at so Kelsi could get a little extra sleep.

Emma won't remember the connection I am making with her - but I will.

I meant to get pictures of the kids with their packages to deliver, but I was holding Emma and forgot. They all had a fun time with the ding-dong ditch delivering the Christmas treats in the night with rain.

The other connection that was being made was with Christ as the family studied and talked about the different names of Christ and what they meant.

Another candle each night was lit for the next name of Christ that they would study and learn about.



No comments: