Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2023

Watching grands and my children

 Tomorrow I leave on another big circle staying with kids and grands. I am so lucky that right now I can visit all my grandchildren in the same week. Today I take care of Amber, tonight I can talk and play with Makynlee and Isla, tomorrow and Saturday I will visit Jayson, Caleb, Lilly, and Daniel - if he is still there, then on Sunday and Monday I will be in Sacramento with Corina, Oliver, and James. I am extremely lucky and happy.

One of the biggest blessing I have right now is watching the relationships of my children and their spouses. I can hear the murmur of Michael and Julia chatting in the living room. I heard the rumor that Michael is reading Harry Potter to Julia - whatever - they seem to be cuddled on the couch with each other quite a few evenings. 

It is not Kosher to take pictures of intimate moments on the couch - so I have another of them together

When I visit with Matthew and Debbie there is a great rapport between the two which is a blessing to my heart.



The love and support that I witness between Nate and Kelsi is strong and vital. They have figured out how to keep love alive even with five children under nine to take care of. 

The dynamics between Andrew and Briona are interesting and a joy to witness. Andrew gave up a better paying job to stay home - working from home so he would have more time with and be close to his family. Briona took a cut in pay to work four days a week instead of five so she could have more time with her daughter. 

It is not hard at all to see cuddly moments with Mike and Rebekah. They are still newlyweds though they have been married a few years. The warmth of their home is peaceful while filled with purpose.


Because Jeffrey is a loving, loyal, and warm companion, I have always wanted my own children to have the same kind of joy and happiness. 

So is it okay to pray that Rachel gets a boyfriend?

No comments: