Pages

Saturday, July 1, 2023

Ensign Peak

 On the way from Ogden to Provo, Jeffrey told me about a hike he had done about nine years earlier to a famous church history monument at Ensign Peak. Though I have heard about Ensign Peak, I had actually never hiked up there.  As a child our family had gone to 'This is the place monument" quite a few times. I didn't realize that when President Young said those famous words, he was lookin at Ensign Peak and then the valley and identifying it from a dream he had had. So, "this is the place", is actually Ensign Peak.

Jeffrey and I decided to hike up there on our way back from Provo to Ogden. It was a perfect day for a hike as the floating clouds and breeze kept the heat away.


I was fascinated with these trees as they look like oak but are as big as bushes. I looked it up on google and it is called scrub oak though it's real name is Gamble Oak and is found all over Utah except  in the North of Utah




The view of the valley was amazing!



We traveled right behind the capitol building in Salt Lake City



No comments: