Pages

Sunday, July 30, 2023

Life is sweet and salty

 This has been a simple week, nothing complex or challenging. It looks a lot like normal but I don't want to rock the boat and have the fates come screaming in with something else. I like normal.

Jeffrey and I went to the temple and enjoyed that one morning, and I have been experimenting making dolls for the granddaughters. So far one set of dolls had short legs and one set had long legs and hardly any body -- but that is the joy and frustration of creating.


The sweet and salty part of taking care of Amber is that the time is so short. In early September she will be gone with her mom and dad on their journey to the other side of the country. She has been so fun to play with and enjoy. One month is just not long enough.  It will be nice for the two weeks that the whole family will live with us. I can see her every day.

But the sadness isn't for me alone. Andrew and Briona have been so generous! While I was on my mission, I had some people I wanted to support. Andrew and Briona set aside a fund for me to use in giving people money. They did this for both missions. There are two families I still send funds to in the Philippines and now I have more in Africa.  Andrew and Briona decided to give me $500 a month taking care of Amber. They knew I used it for two grands and for my families in the Philippines and Africa (after tithing of course). Now that is coming to an end. I am going to miss them and my friends are too. I'll have to start saving points on airlines again.



No comments: