Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2018

Anticipation

I'm not sure if I'm setting myself up for disappointment and frustration or if I'm going to have a really great time at Activity Day tomorrow. Kids are tricky. Sometimes you can over-prepare, but if you aren't prepared you can get tripped up fast.
Last week was so fun that I've used the same formula -- starting out with a food game - that's for those who come early or on time, followed by a warm up game - to start off with and then the relay races - the meat of the "Activity" - these kids need to run with hilarious purpose followed by an "experiment" or something they observe and end with a scripture story to bring home. Last week the boys and the girls had fun - a true win for me --- for the very first time since I started having Activity Day. Why does it take so many months to get it right?  (And there is always the question - can I do it again?)
I had to get a big enough balloon to fit over the bottle opening and enough vinegar and soda to fill the balloon - Nailed it

Play dough seems to be the most cooking I do lately
Have you ever wondered if the children or youth know how much time we spend thinking about them? How we plan, figure and prepare to have fun and yet teach them something important?  I wonder if they know how much they mean to us?
First time I've tried eatable play dough - honey, peanut butter and powdered sugar
One of the easier doughs to make

I will do this one again, though the colour isn't perfect for many things
The scripture story will be Samuel the Lamanite and his prophecies 

Each child will get laminated figures to cut out, popsicle sticks and play dough to prop them up - hopefully they will go home and teach the story to their family!

Well, I'll let you know tomorrow how it all turns out - unless of course I have a bomb, then I'll probably say nothing at all.......

1 comment:

Ludlows said...

So cool, looks great to me.