Pages

Monday, March 5, 2018

Ice-cream Sandwich


Ice-cream vendor by the Area offices

Routinely when walking at lunch time I pass by an ice-cream vendor. He has a bright umbrella and usually serves those who walk to and from the temple from the Patron House. Shortly after I had arrived, I noted that he would bring out a small sack of rolls. I wondered what he used them for until one day I watched him give a little boy an ice-cream sandwich.  Ever since I've wanted to take pictures of this intriguing dessert. Then the temple closed and I thought my opportunity had been lost until today, a hot summer day, he brought out his umbrella again. I quickly took advantage of this chance to get an up close photo of the Philippine Ice-cream Sandwich.
Slices the rolls in half

Dips into his ice-cream containers - two yellow and a purple
I believe he had pineapple, mango and Ube yam flavours 
Scooped it in three layers

Yellow, purple, and yellow



He was very nice and patient as I took pictures of each step


Since I'm trying to stay away from sugar, I had two made for the guards at the gate
And there you have a Filipino Ice-Cream Sandwich!

No comments: