Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2018

Idos over for Dinner

Ever since a dinner with the Idos months ago, we've talked about getting together and making Sinigang Soup.
Tonight the Idos came over and I watched Sister Idos put together the soup. I snapped a few beans and got the utensils out, but mostly talked and took pictures.
Sister Idos preparing the vegetables - these are called yard long beans and that is about how long they can get
After putting in the long green peppers, she cut up the ginger, onions and tomatoes
She was particular not to cut the tomatoes on the mat but on a plate

I stripped the kangkang of it's leaves and chopped up the stems into smaller pieces

Sister Idos cooked the onions, ginger, tomatoes, pepper, sampaloc fruit (I think she called it tamarin) and Pampano fish until tender

Then she added the vegetables for another few minutes

This is served in a bowl with a plate of rice - just pour some of the soup over the rice
Luckily Elder Idos likes the fish head - I don't like my dinner to look at me

We had a really good time with Elder and Sister Idos. They are the secretary for the Area Presidency (who all happen to be in Utah for General Conference)



No comments: