Pages

Friday, March 23, 2018

Learning and Games

Win
On Friday evening we had an Activity Day that was fun and educational. More children showed up at 5pm than have ever come before and they all got peanut butter play dough (which they called candy) They didn't really want to play with it until Sister Stewart showed them how. We quickly moved on to playing music games with Sister Stewart. 
One, Two, Three, Four. Down left, right, up
Sister Eugene helped out
Then it was out to the basketball court for games. This one was how fast we could bring the hula-hoop around the circle without letting go of our hands
I was approached by one of the children who didn't get the "candy".  I asked if I had missed her at 5 pm? She said she hadn't been there. I told her I gave out the peanut butter play dough to those who arrived on time at 5. The next time we have Activity Day, I will have something else and she can get that treat if she shows up at 5. 

We had a bowling game with a nerf ball and empty water bottles except just a little water in the bottom so the wind wouldn't knock them over. We also had a game of hopscotch going on. The kids had a pick-up game of soccer. They only game that turned out bad was the race where Yushin got tripped on the cement.
I will probably never forget Sister Stewart picking up Yushin and carrying this boy into the church. Nobody was taking pictures of the accident - but later after we came back in we checked on him.

I really have to have one Activity Day without any injuries. Yushin got knocked down in a race and scrapped up his arm and knee - I think I'll talk about First Aid next time

Sister Stewart showed her magic again with more games that were really teaching rhythm. They just passed shaker eggs at certain times.
The last part of the evening was in the Chapel where Sister Stewart taught them "If the Saviour Stood Beside Me" with blue scarves. It was a really good night.

No comments: