Pages

Friday, March 30, 2018

Gift for today

Today I am doing a project that allows for lots of thinking time. Tomorrow is Easter and somewhere along the line I had this brilliant idea to make booklets of Jesus Christ's story.  I printed the pictures all out, cut them out, laminated them, and then cut them out again. 15 sets of 11 pictures each. My right thumb and forefinger are just about numb.  Yup, brilliant.....
Second cutting out, this time trimming corners so no little ones get plastic paper cuts
Cutting out and organising so I can make little booklets
As I'm working along I reflect back to beginning in Pathways and hearing all the lofty promises about the graduates from BYUI and how they are going to be leaders etc. and thinking at the time they meant the young kids just starting. But I have to admit my service to the dental clinic was very unique and I was able to be of help there. Then in Primary - more because I have actually seen and been part of a mostly reverent, working Primary - I have been able to be a leader here too.

For this last month of my mission I decided to give 30 acts of service like the gifts of service given last December and a lot like the "characteristics of Jesus Christ" projects that I did for BYUI religion classes. I couldn't help but reflect my skepticism at the time of how my whole character would change if I would take on an attribute of Christ for a semester. "Yeah, what was going to change in four months?" All I have to say is watch out the fates are laughing their heads off as I went from being a regular student to a missionary in four short months.

Jeffrey in Isaiah and I working on my little "Life of Jesus Christ" booklets

So today as I'm spending hours working on my gift for the children in Primary tomorrow, I can't help but notice that Jeffrey is working on his Isaiah project and writing down his promptings and findings - being a Mary - while I'm doing the practical Martha work - to give a handout. Both of us are teaching two different Sharing Times and they will be uniquely different. Ah well, Martha got food on the table. Hopefully some child will remember Christ's life for more than a day.
Note the hole punch on the right
So one quick tidbit as I close. I have used a hole punch for different projects and lost it a few months ago. I bought another but gave it away in another project. Today I realised I really needed a hole punch because drilling little holes in lots and lots of plastic coated pictures was not appealing. Everything is shut down for East week.  I asked a fervent prayer as I walked into my room that I could find the hole punch I already had. First bag I picked up to sort, first package out of the bag had this little red hole punch. It was like someone took my hand and practically handed it over. So even if my gift of service today isn't of lofty worth some angel thinks it is important enough to help me out.

1 comment:

Ludlows said...

You guys are such great examples. Love you