Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2018

Fun in Activity Days

I had a win! Everyone who showed up seemed to enjoy the Activities planned.
From loop cereal pieces on the faces and one child gets to pick them up until they get to "Pete"

I started out with a "Don't Eat Pete" game before 5 pm because I really hate the "Filipino Time" which means showing up a half hour late-- even if the children are already at the church. Yes, something with food wins.
Nest we had relay races outside. Double win! All the children love to run and be active. I will never have another Activity Day without races, relays, or running. Children started coming in ones and twos until we had a sizeable group.
Sister Sherry dropped the bottle (I didn't have a ball) to get the race started
I think next week I'll have egg on a spoon races

While the races were going on my camera stopped taking pictures and said I needed to clean the contact........I'll have to google that. So no more of my pictures, but Sister Eugene showed up and took videos of the soda experiment.

We had 7Up, diet cola, orange soda, and regular coke. I asked the kids to stand behind the one they thought would shoot up the highest. It was so much fun! Yushin got soaked by the soda on the first bottle while pouring the mentos in. After that the kids got further back while their friends poured the mentos. Diet cola shot up the highest. It makes me wonder what chemicals are in it?  The bottom line is you shouldn't eat mentos and diet cola or you will have a stomach ache.
More kids showed up during the experiment.

I wish I had a picture but the final project was inside where the children put together the Joseph Smith story on a board to take home and teach their family.  It was cool because two investigator families were there and unknown to me at the time I asked one of the mom's to help me out - and she did a really fine job.

The board has a picture of Joseph Smith as a young boy pushing a plow and another of him reading the scriptures. The reading picture is on a string.
When I get to the part where Joseph Smith went to a grove of trees that he had picked out previously, I turn the board around with a cloud at the top and a string coming down, a small grove of trees and Joseph Smith kneeling.  When we get to the part where God and Jesus Christ appear I pull on the string and they appear below the cloud. Since the children were tired they listen carefully and then had a good time putting their own boards together.
Lots of fun - I've already started planning for next week.  Hopefully I'll have a camera up and running again.



No comments: