Pages

Monday, August 21, 2023

Dipsea Trail with Prince

 Jeffrey and Prince traveled some of the Dipsea Trail from Stinson Beach to Muir Woods Visitor Center. Unknown to us is the fact that all parking at Muir Woods Visitor Center is reservation only and NO cell phones, internet etc. works there. 

The intrepid two take off from Stinson Beach trailhead and Prince is nice enough to send his location notification. Since I have some time, I simply go stick my feet in the ocean. After an hour or so I check in with them though their cell phones are spotty. I decide to go wait for them at the Visitor Center. Oh jolly fun -- NOT. After driving around getting lost in the fog, rain, and windy roads all over Tamaplais State Park for an hour or more, I did find the Visitors Center - with all its attendant problems. Great. My anxiety is rising and I'm praying. More driving back and forth as I keep checking to see if they happen to be at the trailhead when I drive by. An exercise in frustration. 

When I finally figure they will have discovered my problem getting to them, I decide to go back to Stinson Beach where they may come back. On the way I get a phone call from Jeffrey from the Visitors Center asking me to come pick them up. I figured that was my answer to prayer - I needed to go to a place that got phone coverage and he found a way to communicate with me. 

So alls well that ends well. Jeffrey said they only waited 10 or 15 minutes at the Ranger station before I got there. Jeffrey had a totally great time, Prince probably could have gone faster and further - but that is the price of going with old people. Prince is very kind, considerate, and polite. They said they had a good time and a fun hike. 




Something therapeutic about being in the ocean




No comments: