Pages

Friday, August 18, 2023

Temple work

 Jeffrey was hoping to bring Bernard and Neal to the temple with him when he did baptisms for the dead. But for different reasons they couldn't make it. He went himself and did baptisms and other proxy work. After he got home, he asked if I could come with him the next two times because he has a certain great-some-odd grandmother he would like to seal to his great-some-odd grandfather and her work has not been done.  I look forward to doing that with him. 

It is fun to watch Jeffrey with the "Elijah spirit" getting excited about finishing work for his ancestors. He gets out of his good clothes and then goes on line to see what is done and needs to be done.  Right now he is systematically going through his family tree because he finds "orphan" names, who have those around them who have their work done, but not the 'orphan' name. 

I guess I haven't been so thoughtful and nice as I just click on the tab that says, "ordinances ready' and just take what comes. Maybe it is computer generated and so it leaves "orphan names" behind. Since I have so many in my family doing the work already, I probably won't be looking for those names - though maybe later - now that I know there is an issue (but don't hold your breath too long). I have no problem jumping on Jeffrey's bandwagon and going for ride. I love watching and participating in someone else's joy and enthusiasm.

Looking for names 


No comments: