Pages

Monday, August 21, 2023

Independence

 Prince Asante came very late on Saturday night after he finished work in Fairfield to visit for Sunday and Monday. Those are his days off. Prince is one of our Young Single Adults that we had so much fun with in Accra. He was on all of our outings and went to most of the Wednesday night classes Jeffrey taught at the church. To see him again really fills an empty part of my heart.

Prince really cracked me up yesterday at dinner. When we have guests, Jeffrey usually takes the dirty dishes, cleans them up and loads the dishwasher. Prince seems to be a very independent person, so he told Jeffrey on Saturday night that that he would clean his own, but Jeffrey insisted and took care of the cleaning up. Jeffrey was fasting yesterday and I let Prince do his own dishes at lunch time. 

We had a nice dinner and were chatting after. Jeffrey was talking with Andrew and Briona when Prince  got up with his plate, and Jeffrey said, "Oh I'll take care of that." Prince said, "I can't hear you," and proceeded to take care of his dirty dishes. Jeffrey's face was priceless as no one has ever taken care of their own dirty dishes when he says he'll do them. I laughed all the way to the sink. Prince proceeded to take care of all the dishes I brought over and fill the dishwasher. I just love that guy!

Sunday with Prince Eugene Asante


No comments: