Pages

Monday, August 14, 2023

What a Week - moving time!

 Andrew and Briona ran into a little difficulty with their realtor making promises she couldn't keep. In a nutshell they needed to move out the 9th instead of the 17th of August. Luckily we have extra rooms and are happy they can live with us for a few weeks before going East. 

The bottom line is that they moved in last Wednesday after Maria had beautifully cleaned up the house. They packed up what was left in their condo in different loads in my car and theirs. I watched Amber while Andrew loaded up and Briona worked at her job. Amber took her last nap in her crib, and I went home excited that they were coming. Then I took care of Amber when they came over and unpacked that afternoon and then went back to the apartment to clean. I told them I'd put Amber to sleep if they wanted to go out to dinner. There is something so satisfying to watch and care for my grands as a way to show my love for my son. The added benefit is the love I have for my granddaughter. It's a double win. And now I'm getting to know Briona much better and hope I can get to know her as well as Rachel does!

Amber's first home

Two room condo in Clayton, California

moving day

Amber took a last nap in her near empty room.


No comments: