Pages

Tuesday, August 8, 2023

The Chats

 I had gone up to my room to find a little peace because there were so many people in our house on Friday night. Lots of beautiful noisy kids and many different chats going on - which is all good, but after figuring out things for kids to do and play all day, making meals, I just needed a mental and physical break - I fell asleep. 

When I came down to get a drink and find my phone, I noted that Matthew had arrived. His family was staying at the Nausin's home and he had come over to chat. Michael, Andrew, Briona, Nate, Kelsi, and our neighbor Ruth were all sitting around the table talking with Matthew leaning against a counter giving his comments. I thought that was a really cool and interesting set of people connecting and chatting. They had obviously gone to the store as there were four cartons of ice-cream that were being shared. They asked if I wanted some, but I was on my way back upstairs. It feels so good to have family sharing, connecting, and talking together with friends.

Later Nate said that when they were laughing and chatting coming back from the store, he saw Ruth weeding her front lawn and told Andrew they should invite her over. Andrew marched right over without a hesitation and invited her. She looked like she enjoyed being with the family.

No comments: