Pages

Monday, March 11, 2024

Duck Paddle

 I told my friends I am a duck riding the waves going with the flow - while paddling madly underneath. Each day seems to be a different set of things to deal with. Like today, my arm doesn't want to work very well because I've strained it lifting boxes, bowls, small appliances etc. My wing has been clipped. 

When the water gets shut off, no dishes or laundry is done. When the electricity goes off, we scramble around to get a hot spot off our phone for the computer. I usually go to a different chore if I can’t do what I had planned. Coping with simple jobs takes a little longer to navigate the house and obstacle course. The kitchen has construction work and the new cabinets set around and plywood leaning on the fridge. I step very carefully so I don’t trip up on the extension cord running the entire length of the dining room to the living room for the fridge.

The schedule for when we leave and where we go keeps changing also. New plans have been made so I need to carefully decide what goes in each suitcase and what goes by slow boat. I will need to have 18 days of clothes before I hit Accra – where we will probably be in a hotel for the last week of May. Hand wash clothes? Once I leave California I will be in hotels until the end of May. Good thing I can paddle.



No comments: