Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Good friend

 Have I ever told you about my good friend who lives next door? Her name is Ruth and I prayed her here.

We had the nicest older couple who lived by us for years while the boys were growing up. There were extremely helpful and I used his expertise in my Cub Scout days. He died at only 75 and his wife was still a good friend for years until she went to a care center. I prayed and prayed for a good neighbor to move in. We had a different neighbor who reminded me of the controlling man in Julia Robert's movie Sleeping With the Enemy. Not that we saw actual evidence of that kind of thing. It was just his vibe. I really wanted another friendly, helpful neighbor next to us.

A very loud man and what looked like a roving family moved in. We went to say hi and he told us he was fixing up and flipping the house. When all the dust settled, Ruth moved in! 

She is everything we wanted and love in a neighbor! 

She is very concerned with the environment, has all native plants in her yard, and knows the man who is watching the wolves in Yellowstone. She in interesting, knowledgeable about life, gives good books to read, and has an interesting mom who lived in Prussia before moving to the United States. We love having her as a neighbor!! She and Nate still have a good relationship after Nate and Kelsi moved out of our house and went to Redding. 

When she found our kitchen was being remodeled, she invited us over for dinner - and gave us the left-overs for another time. What more could you ask for? She is the perfect neighbor!

Packing up left-overs - I need to get a picture of her beautiful smile.....



No comments: