Pages

Monday, March 4, 2024

Getting Ready

 To make dinners, lunches, etc. I am running back and forth from the bedrooms to bring in the pots, can openers, bowls, plates, spoons, and spatulas that have been stacked up - out of the cupboards and shelves from the kitchen. Luckily I can leave food in the fridge. No sign yet of any construction work going on. He probably had other jobs that are taking precedent. 

Jeffrey spent the morning whacking all the weeds and mowing (with a push mower!) all the grass in the  back yard so that the landscaper can come make an estimate on the work that is to be done. As I watched him pushing and shoving that mower through the tall, wet grass, and I was walking back and forth through the rooms, I told Jeffrey that we are getting ready to go to Africa. The first month will be living out of a suitcase and traveling to a few countries. We're just practicing endurance and patience that we will need as we begin our new adventures.

It is weird to be in this limbo. Nothing has actually been done at our house [except the kitchen emptied] to make home improvements. The kitchen is going to be done, the outside painting is going to be done, new windows are going to be put in, new yards are going to be made -- but nothing yet........soon.

I hate that word - soon. It is so ambiguous.

Well, I'm off to tackle another box from the garage......wish me luck!

Pictures are from the neighborhood. We are trying to decide what kind of yard we will have.






No comments: