Pages

Saturday, March 9, 2024

Intermediate kitchen - counting blessings

 There are more steps to go through for meal prep right now. It is a little cumbersome. Collect what is needed from fridge at one end of the house, back bedroom and middle bedroom from the other end of the house, prep food on small table, cook food on small table, clean up on small table, and then put it all away in the different rooms.

I have been telling Jeffrey we are getting ready mentally to go to Africa. Instead I have been counting my blessings that this is just a small interval of time and inconvenience. My African ward members do not have running hot water, constant electricity, or the appliances that make life so much easier.

If you notice the microwave is on the floor next to the prep table.

Washing dishes is cumbersome and takes a bit of time.

Air dry and put it all back! Note the stove goes on top of the table oven while washing dishes.

The one thing I have been VERY careful on is watching to make sure there are no accidental open flames when I am cooking. I have this low simmering anxiety that a fire will happen in the bedroom here. So I am extra cautious. 

Nice for me, the neighbor invited us over for dinner on Monday. One dinner I don't have to cook! Or clean up from.


No comments: