Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2024

Opportunities

 This week I have been posting back and forth on WhatsApp with a friend. He has been very concerned about getting a job and has been turned down 28 times in the past few months of applications. For some reason I haven't figured out yet, he feels the elections in the country are lowering his chances of finding a job. He is helping out his younger brother get started and has to put some things in his life on hold.

Interestingly, Debbie had sent me a link about remote job opportunities a day earlier, thinking I could send it to someone in the Philippines or Africa. 

https://www.hirebloom.com/our-impact

I sent it on to my friend just a few minutes after my conversation with him. He was so happy for a new venue to try. But then he posted back in frustration because he noticed they want students in Pathways or BYU graduates or students. He told me he had to drop out because he couldn't pay the fees  --  then he sent me a screenshot. Hopefully I've redacted all his pertinent information.....



One or two things struck me when I saw this. One, not having funds for $14 to go to school is horrible, frustrating, and terrible. Two, the church schools are bending over backwards to help incoming students. 

My immediate response was to send funds to help him on his way. Not a lot but enough to start school, get some supplies and get some food. 

Just like every kind person from Accra I know, he thanked me profusely and responded that he will help his brother out too.

Feel free to send any remote jobs you know of that I can send on to more friends.......

It may help the clench in my heart.

No comments: