Pages

Friday, March 15, 2024

Hitting a Wall

 It's so close. The kitchen is inhabitable and I've been hauling kitchen goods back to the kitchen - from off the floors in bags and boxes from the bedrooms. 

But....

My arms ache, my legs ache, my neck aches, my toes ache. My mind is shutting down. I keep sitting down for a minute to regroup. At least all the beds are available for Nate, Kelsi, Jayson, Caleb, Lily, Emma, and their dog Yukon - who are on their way down from Redding to help us out. The boys will have a garage sale tomorrow with all our stuff we are giving away. Everything will be a dollar. Counter-top oven, cook stove, nursery gates, juicer, microwave, various kitchen gadgets, everything is a dollar that the kids will earn. 

But I have to get through today.

It's Jeffrey's birthday by the way. I remember two years ago we were in Accra watching a Polo game and eating really great food when he turned 60. Something to look forward to again - we can celebrate his 65 birthday at the Polo grounds again....

I just have to get through today.....Life is good.

No comments: