Pages

Monday, October 23, 2017

Adventures 3? - well maybe errands run

I really was tired when I woke up on Thursday morning. I knew I had several things I had to accomplish and I found myself just sitting on the couch. So I asked the Lord what do I HAVE to get done today. I was going to talk to Becka and had the impression I needed to bring dinner over to Marianne. My list included getting Activity Day ready. So after having a nice chat with Becka, Jonah and I started out with our errands. I walked over and bought a sewing machine for a lady in our ward.
I have to pause a minute and tell you about the service in the Philippines. Whenever you buy something time is not the issue, service is. So the salesperson will talk to you about what you want, then go get the item all packaged up, open it and show you each detail, fill out all warranty information, package it all nicely back up, you pay for it and then they put a strong plastic 'string' four sides around the box so you can carry it easily. Everything I buy is carefully inspected and shown to me and then packaged back up for me to bring home. So back to my story....
We walked down to Max's restaurant and picked up some soup, rice and chicken for Marianne's family and then got into a taxi to bring us to the area office. I went upstairs to get the car key from Jeffrey and Jonah went down to buy some things in the Bishop's store, we met up and drove over to Marianne's house.
I know everyone reading this in the US can not even fathom the effort it takes to dodge, slide, and negotiate every lane, street, and corner in the rat race to travel from point A to point B. Whatever.
After dodging cars (literally) to walk across the street, we travel down a small alley to two wrought iron gates and pass through to knock on Marianne's door (set in a small building of doors at intervals). This is the door to her whole house as it is just the one room. Her husband Mike sticks his head out the door and I can tell it isn't a good time to visit, but no matter I didn't come to visit, just to drop off their unexpected meal. Then I head on over to another door to drop of materials for Activity Day. On our way back Mike asks if we want to stop and see the baby. I said no, we'd wait for Marianne to heal up before we came to visit. She had a cesarean having her beautiful baby girl. Then we drove back to work on some more things at home.
The really nice thing was getting a note a half hour later from Marianne telling me how she had been feeling down and cheered right up with a feeling of being cared for when we dropped off the dinner. I did note that was the one impression I received that day.

No comments: