Pages

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Adventures close to home - Part 2

Aaron, Jonah and I in the Jeepney, I usually hit my back on the ceiling when I bend over to get out. I can't see out of the windows because I'm too tall - unless I slouch over.  
Since the Jeepney strike was over, we traveled by Jeepney and then by bus to a restaurant that had many types of food from all over the world and also exotic Filipino food - so I could try everything.
I don't believe I can get use to the fact that all parts of the fish are used. The eyeballs in the fish heads and stew are still off putting. I tried little bits of almost everything (except the fish heads and a type of blood sausage). There were so many I can't even remember them all.
The traffic is always a nightmare
We took the bus just so I could try all the forms of transportation here. I only have a motorcycle left on my list.
I can get used to the VIP treatment! 
Jonah called ahead for a reservation Nice!
Logo and sign in front
The stick that looks like a lumpia is actually called a bomb and is a chill wrapped up in a wrapper. Jonah says she has had hotter chiles. 
We had two guitars, a bass, and a percussion quartet come and serenade us.
Good eating. After we were stuffed we headed out to catch a train (another bucket list down) to go shopping in Cubao. Those two walked my socks off though I didn't want to admit a thing.
The train was very full so it was nice that we only went one stop
Aaron was very good with the selfies - actually most Filipino are - this is a nation of selfies and they are very good at taking good pictures
Jonah was excellent as usual in finding all the things on my list in all the right stores and malls . Aaron was such a trooper he carried all the bags
We loaded up and took another jeepney ride back to our apartment. I looked in the fridge and found lots of leftovers and decided not to get take-out because I didn't want everything to go bad. Actually Jonah took the leftovers and made fried rice. I put out a pre-made salad and chips. Jonah was kind enough to go out and get a chess board as I found out Aaron was a chess master and wanted him to play Jeffrey.
When we got back Aaron beat Jeffrey 3 times in Chess!! 
Jonah was kind enough to put all the leftovers together in a fried rice, I opened a pre-made salad and set the table - presto dinner is served!
Jonah in the kitchen - I have to admit after I took this picture I went and sat down on the couch. I was tired.

It was really a good day. A little adventure, great company, finished some errands and watched Jeffrey with a Chess master and I slept really good that night.

No comments: