Pages

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Just like a ball pinging back and forth

The rain was gently falling as we drove into the Area compound. When I opened the dental clinic door everyone was assembled around the front desk for a small devotional. After the prayer I came around the desk and Sister Stewart had 3 lists she wanted verified of 'future', 'field', and 'Senior' missionaries who had come in September. I looked it over and started to compare it to my records for 5 minutes while I booted up the U drive to start the process of getting a schedule for tomorrow. I noted two field missionaries who were not on the list she had, before I ran a note up to the front desk for the doctor and talked to Sister Carlos. Coming back down the hill I sped up to walk in with two missionaries who came early for their dental x ray screening. I entered their information in the x ray room computer, then came back to the U drive to start the schedule again and opened the door for the missionaries coming to their appointments. One was Sister Tesch. I told her we were relatives because my sister had married a Tesch. I got a picture with her and asked for some family names. Then I went back to the x ray room computer for other missionaries who came in for screening and back to the U drive priorities just to find out the temple schedule for the missionaries is not on our system yet and I can't make appointments until I know if they will be here or not. One of the dentists needs help with their computer screen. After setting the work chart up I turn off the program and turn it back on and it works perfectly while I get credit for just knowing. I let some new missionaries in and show the outgoing missionaries how to get out of the door. It is 'locked' with a magnet and needs to have a button pushed to release it. Then back to the U drive problem and Sister Hoem's walks in. She has a good idea to print off the temple schedule and compare it to the names I had collected for Wednesday's schedule. With two of us looking back and forth the job goes much faster. She answers a call from Elder Eckert who told us he would be gone in the afternoon and needed the schedule early. We laugh and said okay. I check for field missionaries coming in and of course there is someone, so we have to input that data and write up a list of which missionaries we want each hour to accommodate the oral surgeon and divvy up the rest between the other two dentists. We welcome new missionaries for their appointments and call up to the front desk for those who didn't make it. Sister Hoem's re-enters all the data while I began making patient charts (paper - hard copy) for the  new schedule. She makes up the digital patient charts and I input the digital x rays from another computer on those digital charts. Schedule success! It was 9:15 am. I consider life wonderful that it took just under three hours. Then it is back to the lists to compare and finish for Sister Stewart.............life just goes on, the ball keeps bouncing....
Cousins somewhere along the line- This is before her surgery
After surgery with her companion



No comments: