Pages

Thursday, October 26, 2017

I Went Visiting Teaching this afternoon

Sorry, there are no pictures and that is really a shame because we used a tricycle for transport to all of our ladies homes and best of all we visited a two-week old baby!  My hand could fit over her whole head. She has lots of black hair and is very long - ah bliss. Evidently she is very fussy and the whole family is not getting much sleep. She was a little angel the whole time we were there.  One of the grandpas is staying with them so they are getting meals made and errands run. I told them to keep me in mind when the grandpa leaves.
I love how I am getting familiar with the ladies and we can communicate better. I am sad when I understand some of the gravity of their situations. One lady will be moving to a sister-in-law's home when her lease is up after the school year is over so she can keep a roof over her son's head.  The new mother is not getting enough sleep but is happy and is deciding if she will need to go back to work or stay home with her infant. Another is worried about who really owns her home. I'm hoping a missionary's prayer on their behalf will help.

No comments: