Pages

Sunday, October 8, 2017

Being Thankful

After watching many conference talks today, I was pondering on the fact that I am on this mission that was tailor made for me specifically and couldn't help but be aware that God knows and plans for my individual circumstances when He has so many other Very important things to do.
I thought about the fact that I went on this mission to support Jeffrey as I had another plan, the mission would be "later" in life.
My specific talents and assistance were needed in October of 2016, the timing of Kelsi and Nate coming to our home in May, Rachel leaving for school in September, getting a call from Bill Atkin, and everything just fell into place like it was meant to be.
I am so very grateful for the feeling of purpose and contentment, the feeling that what I am doing matters. I am perfectly aware that if I wasn't here all the needs would be met another way. I am just grateful that I can be part of something that feels right and good and big. I love my Primary children and the satisfaction of loving children, I love getting to know the sisters I go visiting teaching with and to. I love being with Jonah and learning about this country. I love being part of the Quirreno 1st ward and getting to know all the members. I love getting to know the young missionaries at the MTC  (though I don't love saying good-bye). I love observing the customs and culture of a foreign land, and I love knowing that what I do everyday at the dental clinic matters. I love the promptings I get to do something for someone and find later it was important to them. Being on a mission for the Lord Jesus Christ is really an awesome experience.   He supports and sustains His servants and I am so happy to be part of this adventure.

I'm not sure how to explain how prayers as a missionary are answered... It is different...It's like the Lord is accelerating the process so I can learn how to use his redemptive and enabling power in these few short months before things get back to normal......prayers are answered quickly.......prompting seem to be more clear and more often....the wind is at my back...I'm doing a real poor job of explaining......I can't think of a instance that sounds right.....it is amazing, it is real, it is unexplainable.

No comments: