Pages

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Fascination with River Life

When I was a young girl, I watched episodes of "Bewitched" and wondered when the older lady would ever have time to peer out her window to see what was happening across the street. Now that I am the old lady, I can feel the irresistible urge to watch the magic out my window.
Life on the river changes daily and yet flows in predictable patterns. This little slice of provincial life within the crowded urban setting is enchanting.
I found there is a net in the left hand and a spear type pole in the right

This national squat is an amazing feat much less fishing on a moving boat in that squat
Of course I missed filming a capture of whatever it is he is fishing for when I saw him deftly flip something into the blue bucket. He only caught one (fish?) in the minutes I watched him. After his catch he sat down in the boat still fishing. The other man in the boat looks smaller and I could only speculate that this is a father son team catching dinner.
Sunday Fishing
Of course the swimming and farming always catches my eye too. What are they planting? How many people use one plot? How do you keep someone else from picking your vegetables? Do people live there? I know many visit back and forth every day and stream across the bank like flour through a sieve.

From this one picture I can find different sub sets of activity. I wonder who is related to who

The kids playing or bathing
One family? Maybe extended family members? Chatting, visiting and planting
This appears (at least in my mind) to be one or two different families from the other at the bottom. The umbrella group appear to be different from the group on the right. But really it is all my speculation
My next question is how long does it take to grow vegetables or whatever it is that they grow?


No comments: