Pages

Friday, October 13, 2017

Lots of rain falling

It is the typhoon season so it rains everyday. Sometimes for a little while and sometimes for a lot longer with lightening and thunder. Usually I love rain and storms - well inside looking out.

I got hammered on Wednesday with some type of virus. My head felt like it was in a vice and all my joints were painful and I felt too heavy. Moving was painful. Jeffrey gave me a blessing, he is such a thoughtful wonderful man.  On Thursday I stayed home, made some really great calls to family and napped and basically just started feeling a little better every hour.

I was startled and dismayed when I was asked about my siblings marriage. Having been a victim as a child of "keep-it-all-in-the-family" I am not a strong advocate of hiding issues. On the other hand speculation can destroy feelings and create ill-will of something only the principals really know anything about. I have watched the tremendous power of the atoning power of the Savior at work in life. There is always hope.
"I testify that you have not traveled beyond the reach of divine love. It is not possible for you to sink lower than the infinite light of Christ’s Atonement shines." Jeffrey R. Holland Apr 2012
Hearing something a world away shouldn't have happened and the speculation is offensive. Luckily I saw nothing on FaceBook. Thank you. My prayers to all concerned.

On Friday I pulled myself to work with a determined smile. I found out Jonah is not coming back to work and will be going home to get her credentials up as a nurse. She has decided to go a new route. Later, when I cried on Jeffrey's shoulder Elder Haynie happened to be walking by and stopped to check out what was wrong. I told him it was another daughter (that I'd adopted) leaving to go on to better things, so while I was sad, it was actually a good thing. He found out where she lives and said he had flown there many times and told me about some of the sites to go see. I am reading into that as permission to travel and we have started making plans to go and visit in a few months.

I am so sad about the fires in California. You really should have some of this rain over there. When it rains over an hour we have major flooding in all low areas and cars get stalled out and traffic is really a nightmare as people try to go around the pools of water.

Luckily I went home early and had a nap for two hours and woke up to more gentle rain, so I decided to go get more material for pillowcases. I've been sewing them up for all my friends. With material at $5 and $6 a yard I can't resist. I walked through the rain, uneven sidewalks and over a cement walk-way and wondered where my brains were at trying to walk around this slippery path. Still I have the material though now I'm sitting here trying to get the gumption to be productive.

I had an objective when I sat down to write this but I can't remember what it was. The rain falls on the just and the unjust. Bad things happen to good people. Good things happen that can make us sad. I'm done being sick. I watch the tremendous power of the Lord and wonder why others can't see it. The Elder with the two broken teeth went out of the dental clinic with a "Hollywood" smile. Things can be made better. Only God can truly fix them.

No comments: