Friday, July 19, 2024

It is Christmas in July

 When I was a young mother, I would get exasperated with all the toys on the floor. If the children did not pick them up, I would take a trash bag and scoop them up - then leave them in the garage for a few months.  Later when the children promised to take care of their belongings I would bring back the trash bag and give them back their toys. The excitement of getting their toys again was a lot like opening presents at Christmas. 

I now know exactly how my children felt when the movers came and we unpacked out belongings! What was packed up in April is now a wonderful present in July.

Anticipation

They arrived and opened the doors

Hauling it all in

There were about 37 packages big and small 

Checking for Damage

It was noted only two things were broken, a stand and glass in a picture. But everything else came out just fine!

Opening the boxes

A little mountain of boxes and packaging after we opened our "presents"! (just like Christmas)

Reconnected with Family

I have been listening to the laughter of children on our Frame. Life is good.


    Now I am looking forward to sewing and Jeffrey is happy his books are close. Nice!


No comments: