Friday, July 19, 2024

Shopping in the morning

 Despite a slight drizzle, I went out to pick up bananas and fruit for banana bread for Monday and a fruit salad on Sunday. I also picked up a fruit salad already made to give to the security guard at the MTC. I appreciate the fact that they let me go through their gate to get to the stand. 

This is where I can pick up bread on Wednesday and Friday in the morning. They have two different kinds of bread and two different kinds of rolls. Always delicious and fresh. 


Since it started raining while I was waiting for the mangos and pineapple to be cut up, I stood under the awning at the bank while the fruit lady kept working. She put a plastic bag on her head over her hood on her sweatshirt. People here are endlessly creative in their lives. She has no tarp or roof on her little stand so prepared to repel the rain. 

Note she has screening for insects, but no roof for rain

Though outdoors, she keeps the place around the shed scrupulously clean

No comments: