Pages

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Soft Pretzels........without Rachel

A family home evening ward style was called for Friday night. They were going to welcome two elders home from the mission field. I thought it would be nice to bring some soft pretzels. The dough rose so fast, I realized again how cooking is different from my normal.
divided dough
It was only as the baking sheets were coming out of the oven that I woke up to the fact I did not have a brush to use. You can not believe how resourceful I have been since I arrived. I used some paper towels to 'brush' the pretzels with butter, and a fork to sprinkle cinnamon and sugar, my fingers to sprinkle salt.
Just out of the oven
Salt covered soft pretzels 
Rachel, Rachel, how many hundreds of pretzels did we make a year or so ago? I didn't shape any of them and it is evident! I need practice shaping them to look like pretzels - maybe next time.

Cinamon and Sugar soft pretzels
Jeffrey and I left early from the ward home evening as we were so tired and had to get up early to go to work the next day. I don't even know if they liked them or threw them away. Ahh well another day.




No comments: