Pages

Friday, April 30, 2021

Acceptance versus Getting the Job Done

 I have discovered once again the downsides to being stoic. Especially when there is no need. I seem to excel in needless endurance.

Today I found shortly after 6 am when Jeffrey left, that the internet wasn't working, but then I discovered the washer wasn't working either, and looking around, neither was my picture frame showing pictures. But my AC and lights were working fine. Odd, I thought, very odd. So when I went to do a little sewing I found that all the outlets do not work, but everything on the top does work. I re-arranged what I wanted to get accomplished to designing what I wanted to get accomplished while waiting for whatever workers in the complex were working on to get done. I texted Jeffrey at quarter to 9 telling him about the problem and said if it wasn't on when he came home for lunch, I'd be happy for him to get things working again.

He writes back that I should go tell the lady at the front desk the problem to see if it could be fixed and then his complaint at noon would be more effective if nothing happened. 

Two minutes after I talked to the lady at the front desk, Solomon was up with another man who switched on the breaker. Problem solved. The construction going on had nothing to do with my electricity. 

I was very productive for the rest of the day. It did leave me time to wonder about my reactions.

Why do I always wait around for a problem to go away? Why don't I jump up and get in someone's face if they are irritating? Why do I listen to a sales person I am not going to buy from? Why do I think being stoic is better than just solving the problem?

I need to re-write my personality somewhat.


No comments: