Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2021

The Irony of "NEVER"

Covid has created a crisis for me in the hair department

Early Years in Austin, Texas

I went to Relief Society one night and was shown how to cut hair. This was back in the late 80's. I had two small children and decided I would try to cut Jeffrey and Nathaniel's hair. The first time I barely took anything off so it turned out ok. The second time I destroyed his hair and went in the other room and cried. I said I would never cut his hair again. Or Nathaniel's hair.
Well.....due to this Covid crisis there are not many places someone can get their hair cut. Jeffrey said he couldn't see the back of his hair and would I just trim it up? So much for never. He gave me these tiny scissors and off I go. Jeffrey told me how his barber in California did it - many, many months ago - I can not understand how combing the hair out and clipping it off the comb helps. He'll have to take what he gets this time.


Keeping it even is tricky

That's as good as its going to get

 I told him he would have to do the front and over his ears. After cajoling I trimmed over his ears too.

But that is it!! No more cutting hair.

No comments: