Pages

Friday, April 30, 2021

Tidbits on Tender Mercies

 I am sitting here waiting for Jeffrey who is about 40 minutes late for a dinner with the Calls tonight. He texted me about 5:30 pm and said there was some information that he was waiting for from a lawyer here in Accra, that is vital to get to OGC in Salt Lake City today (their beginning day).  He is still waiting.

But a really cool set of circumstances happened that has just left me thinking. First when I tried to call the Calls to tell them we might be late, my phone gave me a message with a British accent that I can't quite figure out. Something is exhausted and I need to recharge. Data? Whatever, this has never happened before. So I decided to email the Calls. But it is after the work day and what if they didn't look at their message? I emailed them the situation and then prayed that they would get it. Then I prayed that their night and time wouldn't be wasted and that one of their children would call. Then I texted Jeffrey back and asked him to call the Calls explaining what happened to my phone. He emailed back and said his phone was doing the same thing and he still didn't have information he needed. Now we are hitting close to 6 pm. 

Sister Call called a little after 6 pm apologizing that she hadn't sent me a reminder. (Notice I can get a call in), I told her about our little issues with phone and information that needed to get to Salt Lake City and that we had not forgotten her at all. She said we are having burritos tonight, nothing would get ruined, it's Friday night and they are winding down, and that their son had called them from Japan, so she would go jump on the call that they were going to cut short for our arrival, and have a good chat with their son. 

Now it is 6:50 pm. Thinking about it, that is what I call a tender mercy of the Lord. I know someone is listening to my prayers.

No comments: