Pages

Friday, April 23, 2021

Makola Market

 I got a random call asking if I wanted to run around with some ladies and visit the Makola Market. That's me! I'm up for adventure anytime. 

Makola Market is an adventure all by itself. Here is a site that has some pictures. And here is the Wikipedia explanation of this iconic place.

From the fourth floor, Jeralie is mapping out where we will go, Sister Kittleson and Sister Weston are listening, while I take pictures:)
This is an amazing, wonderful place. But you have to thread your way through and smell all the sights.

I bought a box of biscuits to give out to the kids at stoplights. I could only balance it for two seconds. I walked through the market and got a lot of smiles from the natives.

We got some pros to help us bring back our treasures to the car. These girls are still in their teens and carry very heavy loads for the shoppers.


I'm not sure if I am getting more sensitive to the heat or it is just getting hotter. I was in the market about 1/2 an hour when I had to stop and buy a towel to wet down and drink more water. Regardless, we had a very fun time. 




No comments: