Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2021

New fruit to try - Paw Paw not papaya

 I cannot tell you how wonderful the flavor of bananas are here! Pineapple is smaller and sweeter punched with lots of flavor. The mangos are terrific. On Tuesday, Brother Dumevi brought some pawpaw fruit for me to try. It is not slimy like papaya is when trying to cut and the flavor is much milder.

Pawpaw is very beautiful and would probably look great in a fruit salad.


These mango are small. Delicious but small.

I was amazed that these pineapple could be so small and so delicious. Yes, it is ripe though I will wait a day or two until it is uniformly yellow.

When Brother Dumevi takes Juliet to the market, I asked him to buy fruit for the families we are sending meals home for. He also buys the biscuits we give out to the children who beg for treats at the stop lights - sometimes the adults too. It is so nice to have fresh, delicious fruit!

No comments: