Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Different Names Same Goods

 On our trip to and from Cape Coast there is a certain hill that has stands with all the same goods. Shea Butter has been used in cosmetics and beauty aids for many years. I vaguely recall first hearing about it when I was looking for sunburn creams as a teenager. In Africa I found out that it can be used in cooking also. 

Here is an interesting article about the advantages of raw Shea Butter as a vegan oil in cooking. I remember the big fad using coconut oil in about everything - well there is another nut on the market.

Shea Butter is mainly used for smoothing into the skin as an emollient and is used in chapstick, lip stick, moisturizer creams for hands, skin and hair, hair products (especially for dry hair) and has some vitamins associated with it.


We thought it was very interesting that on this hill there were many stands with blocks of shea butter - all the same kind of blocks - but with different names on each table.  

 Trying to upload pictures in a sequence and in a row is not quite working......I'll have to go google to figure this out....but not right now. I'm just going to leave this as a memory of one of the interesting things I noted once before but caught my eye again!

No comments: