Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2022

Juliet's Talented Sons

 

Kelvin Akrong



Kelvin is a return missionary from Nigeria and is going to school. When he finishes college, he intends to get a Law degree. He came over the other day to show me his poetry. Another poem that has a beautiful sunset in the background is stuck on my files that won't open right now.

Kelvin said he could write poems around themes. If I had a theme he would write one. 

I told him if he could put his poem into cards that I could give for birthdays, get well, thinking of you etc. that there would be at least two women in the area office that would buy them. His poem in frame is beautiful art but would not fit in my suitcase or be useful in our small space in California.

I am not sure if he was showing me as something to be bought or just showing me what he could do. Regardless, I was privileged to see his work. 

No comments: