Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2022

Land of Contrasts

 


On the trip down to Cape Coast, I was struck by how many contrasts there are in a day of travel. Bush land and forest are next to side by side houses and buildings. I can go to a mall shopping for chicken, fish, beef, etc. and I can get bush meat on the highway. I have running water and electricity and watch children hauling water to their home. I watch women sweeping out their dirt floor and watch vacuums taking care of carpet. There are shiny big cars and a horse drawn cart. There is big earth moving equipment and a man hand sanding a boat. (I'm hoping he was fixing something minor.) So many contrasts of rich and poor, opulent mansions and mud brick thatch roof huts. Multi story shopping stores and hawking down the road, so many, many contrasts all in vibrant color riding down the road. 

No comments: