Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Either Investment or paying a lot for refreshments

 Bobby's wife [who I found was named Evelyn] makes banana bread. I had her make some for dinners given to ward members that Juliet makes. She made it for two months in a row and was hopeful for more business. But they didn't really want more of her banana bread. So I thought I'd try the senior missionaries.

A month ago, I figured with Bobby the hidden costs of this banana bread and we worked out a system where one loaf would be more expensive than three or twelve loaves because you have to pay for the gas regardless, if the oven is already hot it won't take a lot more to keep baking.

People usually don't want more than one loaf at a time. I don't think she has a freezer - which is sad. (All these little amenities I just take for granted.)

I asked for 36 loaves to give out at Family Home Evening and told Bobby that this was my last order. I think she is pinning her hopes on it because she has a new loaf pan added to the mix. 

Bobby brought over heart shaped, circle shape, and rectangle shaped banana bread loaves with her name, price, and phone number. They had designed a cute colorful sticker with the information. while the seniors have thanked me for the gift, no one has said they would like to get more.....



Bobby told me later that this was an important order as they needed to pay for their apartment and his wife had just gone in for surgery at the first of the month. So regardless of the outcome in later months, it was a blessing and help to them right now.


No comments: