Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Sharon Kwaw is leaving OGC

 After 18 year with OGC, Sharon is leaving as a legal coordinator to become a lawyer. She is going to live in England - I think London. So her life is going to get exciting. I am pretty sure she already has most of her classes done an just needs a few more before mentoring with another lawyer. 

Jeffrey is going to miss her as she knows the ins and outs of real estate (which is complicated) and the nuances of people, situations, and events that have happened. Like an old house, she knows when to jiggle the themostrat and where to kick a pipe. When she first came to OGC the office had just been moved from South Africa and everything was in boxes. She set up the filing system and helped create the office. 

We went to a lunch at Alshia Hotel, the same place we had lunch with the BigWigs a few weeks back. The Porters had let me try a pasta stir fry at that lunch. I had tried to recreate it for the Sunday break the fast and it turned out ok, but not great. Opportunity knocked to watch the staff create it from scratch. Fun! I do not have one of the seasonings and my chili powder is darker than theirs is, but you only use a pinch.

We invited Sharon over for dinner on Sunday just for ourselves. She wanted to learn how to make banana bread, but ended up needing to go get Covid testing and ran out of time, so we just had a nice dinner and made that past stir fry again. It's getting better. 

OGC staff for lunch

Afterwards
Esther Abuyeh, Jeffrey, Marlin Porter, Lisa Porter, Sharon Kwaw, Richard Burton, Emmy Burton, Irene Eastmond, and Neil Eastomond

Sharon and I

Staff member making stir fry

So yummy - next to my salad.

Its all about Sharon for the day

I am glad Sharon made time to come over on Sunday so we could have a little one on one time with her. She is a sweetheart and both of us really hope we cross paths again.

Nothing like coming over for dinner and making it yourself!! I did have Juliet make groundnut soup, but it was not a preference for Sharon, so Sharon made the stir fry past from the vegetables I had cut up.

We are going to miss her.



No comments: