Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2022

After midnight

 A glow from a hot pink lamp lamp lights my way with gurgles soft water sounds as I bend over the crib and touch the tiny infant very gently on her side. Yes, she is breathing. I am in awe of the miracle of this gift of life from God. I have the same feelings of love wash over as I did with her father over thirty years ago. Quietly, I go back to my bed to wait for her to wake up. I am very grateful that this is temporary because my gritty eyes and aching back remind me I am the grandmother who has lost all her mommy muscles and spring. I am grateful for the opportunity to be part of the wonder of Amber's beginning. I am grateful that her parents wanted a baby. I am grateful to God who has blessed my life with this new person. Life is good.



No comments: