Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2022

Rachel to the rescue

 Last night after getting back from the hospital,  we had a nice early supper with the family. When supper was almost finished I realized that Rachel's car was parked in front but Rachel had not been at supper. I went in to find her and talked with her as we put away supper items. Then I realized how tired I was then apologized for not getting her supper. She laughed and made something for herself as we talked. Julia and Mike wanted to go out for a bit and I said sure to watching Isla and Makynlee.

As I got up to entertain the children, I realized how tired I really was. How can you be tired from sitting in a hospital room holding a baby? I don't know, just that if I sat down too long I'd fall asleep and it wasn't even dark yet.

Rachel being the sweetheart she is, took the girls and started dancing in the living room - I just took pictures. When I came in and sat down to watch the girls, they decided they were tired. Rachel read them books and colored designs and things with them in their drawing books. I read the story of Job while they worked -- though I don't think they really heard the story. So Rachel is the one who answered my prayer that I could get through the evening. Julia showered and put the kids to bed when she got home and then showed us the surprise for Makynlee's coming birthday tea party - a cute children's tea set.




Rachel - answer to prayers

mom going all out for birthday party


No comments: