Pages

Friday, August 5, 2022

Thoughtful Daughter-in-law

 On Monday I was preparing for a guests, Bernard from Cameroon and the missionaries. I told Julia that at four pm I would scoop up whatever was in the living room, put it in a box and set it down the hall so I could have the living room cleaned up for guests coming for dinner. Then I didn't think anything of it as I went about my day.

While I was out getting groceries, Julia must have cleaned the whole living room and shortly thereafter took off with the children. I heard later she took them to the library or park and then picked up Michael from work and then took her family out to dinner!

Wow, she was being so careful to let me have a quiet dinner with our guests and make sure the little ones weren't around to mess up the house or be regular kids at dinner. Now that is really thoughtful and kind of her. 

They came back later with some games to play (so their attention was centered) and really charmed Bernard. He felt they were beautiful children and was impressed with their family. I know he has family in  Africa and California. It must be hard to have siblings all over the world. I am so thankful for a loving thoughtful daughter in law - even on a day she was feeling quite herself.



No comments: