Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Friday musings...

Walking around the neighborhood with Laura, we ran into the Hosking's house and I felt a clench in my heart that another friend is leaving.  Changes - not always wanted.


That expanded part makes the house really awesome

Isla helped me make cupcakes for Makynlee's party. When Makynlee came home she wanted to make something too. So we made some cornbread muffins.




 Anticipation is an amazing thing. Makynlee anticipated her birthday for days. The difference between two weeks and two days was about the same for her.  On Friday it was one day until her birthday and she could hardly wait! 

It was also Rachel's last night. Another clench of my heart. I asked her what she wanted for her last supper and she choose Alfredo chicken. I decided to make it from scratch - and it actually turned out just fine.


Julia and Micheal went to the temple and may decide to go every Friday night. So I watched the children. Makynlee was a darling and told Isla a story and sat with her while she was going to sleep. Jeffrey went to represent us at Pam and Jeffrey Hosking's farewell party. Then I let Makynlee watch Mulan and it finished about 10 minutes before her parents came home. Rachel walked back and forth getting the last of her car packed up and the rest of the things out of her old room.

New beginnings for Rachel and the Hoskings. Changes for me.

No comments: