Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Monday - the rest of the day

 When we got back from the lake, the kids changed clothes and got to work on their homework. Jayson was on fire and finished the rest of his homework for the week. The trip to the lake put him over the top in P.E. for exercise. Lilly was aided by Opa and I sat with Caleb to help him finish his lesson.



When I asked Jayson if I should make a Shepard's Pie for supper, he said, "Sure, but we won't like it." That had me laughing and I asked what he wanted me to make. He said German pancakes. I didn't know what that was, so I looked it up. It is mostly eggs and is baked at a high heat for a little over 20 minutes.

This is the recipe we used: German Pancakes

The kids all went with me to get ingredients from the little store at the gas station. Prices were high like at 7-11 but we got what we needed. 

Strawberries saved for dinner

I thought this was odd looking. I was assured it is always different

Blueberries and raspberries to add to the strawberries!

Real maple syrup and powdered sugar tops them off

We really had a great time because the kids were so well behaved and eager to learn new things. It was decided that the next time we get together we are going to make light sabers out of pool noodles. It looks fun!

No comments: