Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2022

Clinical Visit

 Julia asked me to come help her at a scheduled visit at the pediatric clinic. It was interesting that it is held in the hospital though in a wing that doesn't require routine temperature checks and measures for all attendees. The girls were given masks as only Julia and I were wearing them. Isla made sure hers was below her nose so she could breathe well.


I sat in one room with Isla while Julia was with Makynlee in the other room. The girls were asked to put on hospital gowns while the nurses and attendants checked different things for them. I am not sure which one was the doctor, they were all efficient, kind, and in and out quickly. Julia would switch with me when they were being checked over or had procedures. We switched a few times. I had my iPad with children's books on audio that proved very beneficial - especially when I could hear Makynlee getting "poked" with Isla being blissfully unaware that life would get interesting for her in a few minutes. Julia told them both they would get a donut the next morning to compensate for the "poke". Makynlee informed her mom that she had gotten two pokes. Her logic and reasoning is impressive and makes me laugh so many times.




No comments: