Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2022

Two Months

 Today is August 7th. We left Accra on June 7th, 2 months ago. It feels like yesterday and forever. I am surprised at how many things we have done and how many trips we have been on and how much has gone on in our life. Maybe it is the newness of each person and family that we have been catching up on, so our experiences every week feel so full.

We did report to the high counsel this morning. It is nice that I have four African Sunday dresses so I can dress up every Sunday in African dress. Jeffrey had a Kente tie so it as African as my dress. It was so nice to tell another story and give our testimony of God and his work. Jeffrey and I are so very grateful that we have been able to have this opportunity. There are so many people who don't even have the chance to go on a cool mission. 

I miss my friends from Africa and Accra. I miss the young single adults, I miss Sister Scripture Study, I miss Juliet and Dumevi. I miss Walker, Prince, Margaret, Moses, Lynn, Lorenzo, Enos, Elizabeth and all the others we talk and associate with. I miss the Tagoe's and Addy's and baking with the moms. I miss the wonderful people in our apartment complex like Petra and the all the aides. I miss having someone wash our car every week.

This was on Lorenzo's facebook post. Man do I miss all these people! I can picture exactly where they were taking this picture. Don't you love the Bishop's smile?

We are moving on...

Jeffrey taught in Gospel Doctrine today and had a really great lesson on Job.  He started off with the idea that Job was an actual person of great stature and not just a character made up for a poem.  About 11:45 he traveled back around reading a scripture where God is talking about Job to Joseph Smith. I am all for believing that God knows who is real and who isn't. Really Job is a wonderful man who could stay true no matter the opposition.

Jeffrey is going to take off around 5 tonight so he can bring Bernard to the temple grounds that he wasn't able to do on Wednesday this week. So we are getting acquainted with new friends, old friends, and all our family. 



No comments: