Pages

Monday, September 11, 2023

Family Relationships are wonderful

 Going to the Snack and Chat was a wonderful experience - but not at first. Walking in to nieces and nephews who are unfamiliar because they have grown, changed, and look different is unsettling. Giving hugs to familiar but changed siblings is awkward. In my mind I know they were loved and known at one point, and if we talk and find touch points, we will find that mutual love and knowledge again. So, entering and and saying hello is weird and takes a little courage. Susie and I talk so often that I can see and note the way her life changes and she feels normal. Most of the time the reconnection is easy and some are difficult. But sure enough, just like I thought and imagined, with a little chatting and socializing, we found familiar ground again and had new things to add to our repertoire. 

Rachel came out of her way to come say hello and mingle with family

Thanks so much Shaunna for making the effort to say hello and keep acquainted!

Donald makes it easy to stay in touch and is quick to share

It took a bit to get reacquainted with my brother John as I am old enough to be his mother. We don't see each other often but he is a cool guy

Lots of conversations and sharing

Different groups would band together at different times

For the little ones, it is all about the toys

Cousins 


No comments: